Saturday, October 3, 2009

Busy/Lazy Saturday...

Did a lot or a little, depending on what I think at any given moment today. I did some much needed recording of scores. Much more is in order. The power went out and kind of broke that up. The body is back in the village and the funeral will be Monday. We will probably visit Janet (widow) and pay our respects tomorrow.

The sound of endless episodes of Gossip Girl in the background is beginning to drive me insane, so I am downloading some movies of my own. Woodstock-my generational revenge. The download is going kinda slow.

Many lessons still need to be planned, and I need to brainstorm the whole cooperative learning thing, because a switch has been mandated for my jr high reading/writing courses.

My new glasses made it here from Anchorage, so I am now getting used to them. I got sunglasses, too. Time to send in my form for reimbursement. I get the exam and the regular glasses paid for. Not so much for the sunglasses. Not to complain, though. They were on sale for 99 bucks. Not a bad deal, all things considered.

I am still trying to decide the whole TV/no TV question. I do miss football, but I wonder how much time I would lose every weekend to that one-eyed beast. Any input from my largely silent audience would be appreciated.

I think that's about the news for today in its entirety. Keep those cards and letters coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment