Saturday, October 31, 2009

Back Again

And boy, do I have some good marks to show for myself tonight. Of course, Joe likes to blow a little smoke up my backside about what a tough steamer I am, and I enjoy the banter. Who knows, he might even be serious. It is quite cold here, although I think that the wind is still blowing enough that the temperature will be warmer that it would be otherwise. People are quite excited and hopeful that the river will freeze up soon, which I now understand in a much more tangible way than in the past. It is the road to Bethel, and I am awaiting word from the State Troopers with expectations of my own.

Many locals are apparently getting caribou, which is pretty yummy stuff. We will see whether or not some of it drifts around over here.

It's extra sleep time tonight, and that is happy news. I am looking forward to a melatonin/maqiq induced coma and lots of fun sleep. This is a very short classroom week for me-two days only. That will give me a chance to recharge and think about some new directions and some better approaches to this job. I am finally willing to listen to everyone who keeps reminding me that I am a first year teacher and learn to relax a little. I was actually thinking about lesson plans tonight during church and how I can do them better. We both got a nice hug from Father Vasily after the service. It is nice how tickled he gets when we show up. It is nice to be greeted with such warmth.

And now, it's time for a few photos from the weekend. These are from the costume judging at the school and NYO.

No comments:

Post a Comment