Saturday, October 17, 2009

OK, the last go-around for today...

About 6:15, someone suggested church...I am now accustomed to the idea that dress is casual, and that even God operates on Yup'ik time out here, but it did seem a little short notice for 6:30 service. But a little church on a Saturday night can be a good thing. Even a backslid buddhist/agnostic can enjoy the service and get something out of it.



Father Vasily seemed genuinely delighted to see us there. We haven't been much, except for the recent funerals, and agreed that it would be a nice respite in the weekend to go to church on Saturday night.

Father and his wife are off to Anchorage for a conference. They are going to have a little get away at the same time, which will be a nice thing for them. I do like him very much, and always enjoy getting the chance to talk with him. He works as our site tech now, so I often see him in the afternoons during my prep period. I have also steamed with him in the past. I would like to get the chance to spend more time with him and talk about more things. Life is busy. Sometimes it is important to stop being busy for a little while.

By the way-the tired, cranky thing has passed...

1 comment:

  1. I suggested church, it's nice there. They sing I can kind of meditate. We got there at 6:35 and weren't even the last people to come in. The church is all of a 4 min. walk from the house.

    ReplyDelete