Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Late Updates

Grades are done for the first quarter. The computer glitches finally got ironed out, or at least made serviceable for the time being. I can now go back to the day to day grind of making a living teaching small human beings. I actually had a positive moment with an often intractable student today. I actually had several. On the other hand, another one probably got herself kicked out of class by the sub, who doesn't take any crap from anyone.

We have had a request for a 4-hour presentation for Saturday, with what I think of as pretty short notice. Like four days. It's not clear when exactly the members of this team are actually supposed to meet about this thing. Perhaps sometime between 4:00 and 7:00 am.

It is getting noticeably chilly here. OK, cold. There is a meteor shower tonight, and it's supposed to be good, but my interest is a little on the marginal side given the prospect of going outside in the early hours of the morning. Hell, I'm cold just sitting here...

1 comment:

  1. The presentation thing is annoying. I'm working on a PP. I still like my Dawn the doubter and Chet the the cheerleader approach. It will get us a few laughs and then we won't actually have to say much at the actual presentation. Please. We can set it to music!

    ReplyDelete