Thursday, November 12, 2009

Coming Down The Stretch...

The Thursday of another quickly moving week...tomorrow is my favorite day. A half day w/the students, and then PD in the afternoon, followed by Friday night, the best night of the week...it is funny to see how my point of view has changed with the dynamics of this job. Even though I find PD sessions sort of overly earnest and silly sometimes, they do involve snacks, and I have mentioned several times how much I enjoy the company of my co-workers.

My challenge in any given day is to get through the first five periods of the day in some sort of neutral mood. Depending on the general mood in the junior high, that can be a significant hurdle. However, the boss seems to think that they are beginning to improve, based on his samplings, which may well be more objective than my perception, as I am perhaps too close to them on a minute-to-minute basis.

I suspect that I will spend a minute or two this weekend trying to figure out exactly what it is that we are doing with this "new look" reading project that is to start on Monday. It will feature groupings and different aspects of reading programs that are someone's pet idea. Maybe it will work. I have no idea.

My AKT2 guy is coming out Sunday afternoon, which means that my lesson planning time will get cut into. I get lots of visitors next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment