Friday, November 27, 2009

Woo-HOOOO!!!!

It all started with a phone call. I was standing on the sidelines at the basketball tournament. "My dad says to come steam." It was all I needed to hear. I was out the door like a shot, over to the house as quickly as possible, got my maqiq bag filled with necessities, and walked down to Joe's house double-time.

Now the story can be told. I have achieved a milestone in my steaming career. I ran one of the locals out tonight. Yes. No, I'm not making it up. I even stayed in for the next pour, as I was told the "rules" require. I got a fist bump from Joe, and there was lots of crowing about it when I emerged into the cooling area.

I am trying to be modest about it, which does not explain this entry at all. Many smiles were had all around, and the vanquished was gracious. Of course, all of this is immensely silly, which is why it is so much fun.

Tomorrow will find us at the Saturday Market in Bethel. I imagine it will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment