Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Heat Wave Strikes Y-K Delta; Hell To Freeze Over...

It continues to be strangely warm here, after all of the cold temps of the past couple of weeks. It actually rained again today. Some of the local (!) fellas say this will actually be a good thing for river freeze-up, as it will help to melt the snow on top of the ice, thus removing the insulating layer at such time as it does get cold again. AND IT WILL GET COLD AGAIN.

Nothing else especially interesting to report. Jr high was their usual charming selves...had to get one girl's father to take her out of the classroom at the principal's request because she refused to do what he had requested. The weird thing about this girl is that she comes from one of the steadiest families here in the village. I find her to be consistently impossible. She is actually much harder to deal with than many of the kids that come from tougher circumstances.

Got my formal observation today. I'll get the post-mortem tomorrow. If I still have a job, I'll post. If I don't, I'll post. Whichever way it goes, I'll post...

No comments:

Post a Comment