Monday, November 9, 2009

It's Not Tuesday Yet, But Almost...

Got through this one without too much turmoil, and I'm happy for that. Some of the local hoods just hit the windows with snowballs, but nothing broke. I'm told by a reliable source that one of my junior high kids was pretty drunk Saturday night. The source was pretty shocked and saddened.

I'm getting ready for my first formal review on Wednesday. The first one in October was informal. This one counts. I don't feel real anxious. I feel oddly detached from most of this at this point, and I don't know why. I suppose at some point that the constant scrutiny becomes sort of invisible.

We had some pretty pointless meetings that kept me from doing grading. You may wonder why I just didn't do it at night. There are other duties then, like laundry, and dishes. I was, nonetheless, writing notes to the parents of my students at 9:50 this evening. It is hard to find much personal space outside of this job here. I would like some, but I hear that is simply my unrealistic take on things.

Anyway, an O.K. day for the record books. I am mostly interested in a quiet week this week and next. Then Thanksgiving is here, and it's time to relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment