Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What's On For Tomorrow?

So, it's finally time for dinner and lesson planning for afterschool programming for tomorrow. I think that giant vocabulary games are going to be on tap. I went to my first union meeting tonight. A fair amount of anxiety was on display. The district is pushing the SIOP implementation project pretty hard, and a number of the staff is having a hard time keeping up. Above that, the local management has decreed that structured group instruction is mandated, and has ordered its implementation without a whole lot of preparation. There are a few other issues that I will not go into. Kind of an unhappy staff, on the whole. Too bad.

I just agreed to put my name in for nomination to the NEA delegate assembly in Anchorage in January. No sense being here if I can't be a troublemaker. Maybe the negotiation team next. Just kidding. Not really...

No comments:

Post a Comment