Monday, November 2, 2009

Inservice Fun

That's what we did for our day away from students. We get to do more tomorrow. I was struck by the fact that when it came time to group up to discuss, I kept getting pushed toward the junior high, despite the fact that I work an equal number of hours in the high school.

It bothered me for a while. I have the idea that I am going to get pushed into a totally junior high role. I didn't necessarily ask for it. I'm not sure how much I like it. My feelings were hurt. Wah wah and all that stuff.

After a while, it occurred to me that the move is probably inevitable. I might as well get used to it. I would still like to teach some history/government stuff in high school, but if not, no big deal. Maybe I would even get my own classroom and stuff, and I could fix it up the way that I wanted to.

It is probably the wave of the future.

Tomorrow, I apparently get to show people how to incorporate learning structures into their lesson plans, even though they probably have not read the book on the subject, and were told that they didn't need to. Hey Rock, watch me pull this rabbit out of my hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment