Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In Bed

It was a decent day. We had several speakers in to talk to the students about drug and alcohol abuse. I hope that some of them listened. It is sad to think that some of them will not, and will find out about addiction and alcoholism personally. It is a terrible problem out here, and I wish that I had something intelligent and philosophical to say about it.

We have long inservice this weekend. The district can require one Saturday per month, and they are doing it. We will go until 6:30 on Friday night, and half a day on Saturday. Next week is short because of Thanksgiving. We have a luncheon for staff and students on
Wednesday.

I met with our SIOP coach today, so that she could observe my class. That is three in eight days. My mentor is coming tomorrow. That will make it four in nine days. I feel very observed. Kind of like the apes at the zoo. Not really. It's ok-I think that I am recovering my sanity. As I trudged across the frozen wastes to my warm little teacher house, I thought, "I could really get to like it here."

No comments:

Post a Comment