Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Morning, At a Crawl...

I wonder if Kristofferson could do something with that...it does scan with the original lines...no ambition today. Still in PJs at almost one o clock. The dishes are nearly done, and that's a subject that needed addressing. Now for personal hygiene, the last lesson plan, a poster, and Woody at the airport. Woody is the project manager for my certification program, and he will apparently be here through Wednesday. Then I get my mentor Thursday night. Everyone is coming here to make sure that I don't get lonely...

I might just as soon do without, but I guess that's not an option.

I am not sure that I want Woody in the junior high first thing in the morning. They are easily distractable, especially for a novel audience. We are implementing this new reading scheme that has been mandated, and I frankly expect a level of chaos. I hope that I am wrong, but I expect many headaches this week during first and second hours. Woody's presence, however well- meaning, may well serve to accelerate that process. They already go nuts when the principal comes in. I suspect that my wishes on the subject may go unheeded.

I was doing the instant messaging thing on Facebook with one of my pals from Michigan who is temporarily exiled to Texas. She suggested going into practice together, although she likes hanging out with her kids right now. The idea has some possible appeal, but it may take a while to get there. Think I'll stick to teaching school for now...

1 comment:

  1. How do you get temporarily exiled to Texas?

    ReplyDelete